Yosemite Reopening by Permit Only
Yosemite National Park announced their reopening plan including a new day pass permit system. Tioga entrance will open June 15. All vehicles entering Yosemite National Park will be required to pay the park entrance fee and have one of the following:
- Day-use reservation (valid for 7 consecutive days for unlimited entries)
- Upper Pines Campground or Wawona Horse Camp reservation
- Yosemite Valley Lodge, Curry Village, or The Ahwahnee reservation
- Private lodging or vacation rental reservation in Wawona, Yosemite West, or Foresta
- Yosemite wilderness permit
- Yosemite Half Dome permit
- Commercial use authorization
Upon showing proof of your reservation and a matching photo ID at the entrance station, you will receive a vehicle permit to enter the park. This permit is valid for seven consecutive day for unlimited entries.
Visitors who enter the park via YARTS (Yosemite Area Regional Transportation System) buses, bicycle, on foot, or on horseback will not be required to have a day-use reservation to enter the park. Park entrance fees still apply.
80% of June and July's permits were made available on Tuesday, June 9 at 7:00 am PST. 80% of August's permits will be made available July 1 at 7:00 am PST. The remaining 20% will be available 2 days in advance of the date of entry. Reservations can be made here
Camping and RV Parks
Private campgrounds and RV Parks are now open with required mitigation. Public campgrounds and RV Parks are allowed to open June 12 although opening dates will vary based on each individual campgrounds ability to open. Campgrounds in the June Lake Loop and in the Town of Mammoth Lakes (Old Shady Rest, New Shady Rest, Sherwin, and Pine Glen Family) will open June 12. A full list of campgrounds in Mono County is available here and Mammoth Lakes Campgrounds are available here. The Lakes Basin and Red's Meadow will remained closed for the time being.
COVID-19 Eastern Sierra Closures Information website here or the Mono County Coronavirus Response website here. For more information on Mono County's reopening and what's open what's closed visit The Path Forward: Reopening Mono County Safely website.
Public Scoping For New Trails in Mammoth Lakes
Seeking public feedback on Mammoth Lakes Trail System's proposed Lakes Basin and Sherwins Area Trail Enhancement Project. Get more information as well as a link to provide your feedback here
See a full breakdown of California's Resilience Roadmap and where Mono County is on The Path Forward: Reopening Mono County Safely website here. The Mono County Community Conversation will be held tonight, Thursday, June 10 at 5:30 pm, more info and zoom link here.
Be kind to one another, we are all in this together!